Online Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Your Future as a Business Leader Begins Here
Your Future. Our Focus.
Acquire the skills and experience to thrive as a business leader with the 100% online MBA program from Northern Illinois University. We offer eight-week courses with the option to study full or part time, letting you set the pace to meet your work and life commitments while seeking your MBA.
NIU’s online MBA is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), affirming you’ll take classes that meet the highest standards for business education. Additionally, we offer a best-in-class MBA curriculum that combines integrative, interdisciplinary and innovative coursework, including simulation tools that provide valuable experience for your business career. Throughout your program, you can build professional relationships with other students and our experienced faculty. Plus, we offer a supportive alumni network that connects you with important business contacts after graduation.
Finish in 18 Months (Full Time)
Request More Information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition and more.
Note: All fields required.
Maximize Your ROI
NIU strives to provide business education that is impactful and competitive. While the average price of an online MBA is $31,440,* the tuition for our online MBA totals $26,760.** Save nearly $5,000 while developing the business acumen needed to thrive as a leader.
Thrive in State-of-the-Art MBA Courses
Engage in a career-focused MBA education that blends practical knowledge, case studies and hands-on learning that you can apply in the workplace immediately. You’ll learn from faculty with real-world experience across the business world, giving you the talents that organizations seek most. NIU offers a wealth of electives that align with your aspirations and you’ll also engage in foundational studies to build expertise in:
Online Programs for Your Goals and Schedule
With NIU’s online programs, you can seek a high-quality degree no matter where you are. While you study online, we’ll provide the support and resources to propel your success and make your education personal. Collaborate with your classmates and faculty using the same technology that delivers your coursework and use the helpful services available to on-campus students. This includes dedicated career support even after you graduate as well as access to NIU libraries and online resources.
Initiate Your Rise to the C-Suite
Developing advanced business expertise can position you for leadership roles offering impressive stature and a higher salary. With our MBA program, you can prepare to lead business teams successfully and enable organizations to access new opportunities through innovation.
Six Careers for Leaders with an MBA
Ranked by the median salary for these roles:
- Marketing Manager: $135,030 per year1.
- Financial Manager: $131,710 per year2.
- Sales Manager: $127,490 per year3.
- Training and Development Manager: $120,130 per year4.
- Top Executive: $98,980 per year5.
- Management Analyst: $93,000 per year6.
Quality Education That Supports Your Aspirations
NIU focuses on empowering your success through educational excellence and experiential learning. You will benefit from small class sizes and receive the faculty guidance needed to thrive in your career and life. Our online programs are an engine for innovation, preparing you to transform the world through research, artistry, teaching and outreach.
Request More Information
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers: Pay. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Financial Managers. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Sales Managers. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Training and Development Managers. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Top Executive. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Management Analysts. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
*Comparison data is based on published 2019-2020 tuition rates from a selection of major MBA programs in the region.
**Does not include application fees, course-specific fees, or prerequisite courses.